Welcome to Café Religio
Thank God there are many spiritual paths to choose from!
Union, wholeness, peace - these experiences are the same, regardless of how we reach them. The Higher Self, universal consciousness, the Great Being - these terms all describe the same reality. Why quibble over the words? Buddha consciousness, Christ consciousness, cosmic consciousness - when we experience any of these, we experience them all. God is much, much bigger than any religion!
Spiritual experiences are surprisingly easy to attain. It is religion that is difficult. And the difficulty is unnecessary. In this day and age, "suffering is truly optional".
When we experience our oneness with God, we begin to see God everywhere, especially in other people. Our heart opens, and compassion starts to guide our actions. We no longer have to live "by the book"; the "book" is written in our hearts.
God happens from the inside out. Café Religio shines light on that which is already there and gives you ways to experience God within your own being. God is not "out there" somewhere. God is within you. Always has been and always will be. It is that simple.
The following articles in the Café Religio section of INTU can be read in any order. Read whatever catches your eye. Some of the articles have links to related articles, either in Café Religio or in one of the other sections of INTU. Let Spirit guide you in your explorations.
|TABLE OF CONTENTS|
- inter-faith conversations on the Web
- from The Golden Nuggets
- what's up with that?
Everything Happens for a Purpose...Or Is It a Reason?
- making better life-decisions
How to Induce an Inner Light Experience
- what it means to "see" the light
Peace and Chaos
- sometimes chaos is peace.
Take Me to the River
- learning by unlearning
Meditating in the Silence
- downloading the presence of God
- a New Age look at that Old Time Religion
Saved By Grace
- a new way to understand "grace"
Practicing the Presence of God
- overcoming the Consciousness of Prohibition
Seeing Through the Walls In Your Relationships
- freeing your partner from the tyranny of assumptions
Forgiving the Significant Other
- is anything worth more than love?
Bloom Where You Are Planted
- "Rev.Jonah" addresses his fellow pastors
The Virgin Birth and the Phoenix
- some thoughts leading up to Christmas
An Inner Christmas
- a Christmas letter
- roping the mind
Jesus and the New Age
- what did Jesus say about the New Age?
- eight ways to tune into the energy of the New Age
- seeking the experience of God first
You Are Innocent
- negating attack consciousness
Everything Happens for a Purpose
...or Is It a Reason?
...what's up with that?
Why is it so hard to repeat a spiritual experience?
...and why do they fade away so fast?
Pitfalls to Avoid on the Spiritual Path